Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #108

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.
 
The Devil's Workshop (The Murder Squad, #3)
 
Summary:
 
Scotland Yard’s Murder Squad faces the most shocking case of its existence, in the extraordinary new historical thriller from the author of the acclaimed national bestseller The Yard.

London, 1890. Four vicious murderers have escaped from prison, part of a plan gone terribly wrong, and now it is up to Walter Day, Nevil Hammersmith, and the rest of Scotland Yard’s Murder Squad to hunt down the convicts before the men can resume their bloody spree. But they might already be too late. The killers have retribution in mind, and one of them is heading straight toward a member of the Murder Squad, and his family.

And that isn’t even the worst of it. During the escape, the killers have stumbled upon the location of another notorious murderer, one thought gone for good but now prepared to join forces with them.

Jack the Ripper is loose in London once more.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 400 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: May 20th 2014 by Putnam Adult
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
Last week I read the first two books in the Murder Squad series by Alex Grecian and I absolutely loved them, they mix two genres I love historical fiction and mystery together to create some absolutely thrilling reads and I'm so excited for the third one to come out next month.
 
Strange Gods: A Mystery
 
Summary:
 
In early 20th century British East Africa, there are rules for the British and different ones for the Africans. Vera McIntosh, the daughter of Scottish missionaries, doesn't feel she belongs to either group; having grown up in Africa, she is not interested in being the well-bred Scottish woman her mother would like her to be. More than anything she dreams of seeing again the handsome police officer she's danced with. But more grisly circumstances bring Justin Tolliver to her family's home.

The body of Vera's uncle, Dr. Josiah Pennyman, is found with a tribesman’s spear in his back. Tolliver, an idealistic Assistant District Superintendent of Police, is assigned to the case. He first focuses on Gichinga Mbura, a Kikuyu medicine man who has been known to hatefully condemn Pennyman because Pennyman’s cures are increasingly preferred over his. But the spear belonged to the Maasai tribe, not Kikuyu, and it's doubtful Mbura would have used it to kill his enemy. Tolliver's superior wants him to arrest the medicine man and be done with it, but Tolliver pleads that he have the chance to prove the man's guilt. With the help of Kwai Libazo, a tribal lieutenant, Tolliver discovers that others had reasons to hate Pennyman as well, and the list of suspects grows.
 Annamaria Alfieri's Strange Gods is the first in a new series. Romantic and engaging, this mystery captures the beauty and the danger of the African wild and the complexities of imposing a culture on a foreign land.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 288 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: June 24th 2014 by Minotaur Books
 
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
1. The cover is beautiful.
2. It sounds amazing.
3. It's set in Africa (My favourite place to read about)
4. It's a historical mystery.
 
What are you waiting on this week?
 
 
if-youre-here-blinkie

6 comments:

  1. Great picks! I haven't heard of either of these yet, but they sound really interesting. Strange Gods especially sounds really interesting to me and I will add it to my list to check out.

    thereadinggeek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow it seems like we never run out of new approaches to Jack the Ripper, which is pleasantly surprising. I need to check this one out myself.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I've never heard of those, but they look really interesting. I may need to check these out.. :)

    My Waiting on Wednesday
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not the kind of book i would have found on my own but they both look really interesting

    Awesome Pick! :)

    My WoW

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy them. The devils workshop looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of either one of these titles, but you've made me curious - thank you so much for sharing! :) Will definitely check these books out.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!