Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #109

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.
 
The Hidden Girl
 
Summary:
 
Hannah Riley and her musician husband, Will, hope that a move to the Suffolk countryside will promise a fresh start. Hannah, a human rights worker, is desperate for a child and she hopes that this new life will realise her dream. Yet when the snow comes, Will is working in London and Hannah is cut off in their remote village. Life in Tornley turns out to be far from idyllic, who are the threatening figures who lurk near their property at night? And why is her neighbour so keen to see them leave? Plus Will's behaviour is severely testing the bonds of trust. Hannah has spent her professional life doing the right thing for other people. But as she starts to unbury a terrible crime, she realises she can no longer do that without putting everything she's ever wanted at risk. But if she does nothing, the next victim could be her...
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 332 pages
Expected Publication Date: May 22nd 2014 by Pan
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I love the cover for this one, it's so creepy with the lone light on in the house set against a creepy wooded back drop, and I'm really liking how the story itself sounds.
 
The Sharp Hook of Love: A Novel of Heloise and Abelard
 
Summary:
 
Heloise and Abelard, the original "star-crossed" lovers -- before Romeo & Juliet – dare to live, and love, on their own terms in 12th-century Paris, then lose all in one tragic stroke.

He is the most famous philosopher in the world, the arrogant headmaster of the Notre Dame Cloister School, and a poet whose songs and good looks make women swoon. She is Paris’s most brilliant young scholar, beautiful and wry, and his student. Forbidden by the church and society to love each other, Heloise and Abelard defy the rules to follow their hearts, risking everything that matters to them — including each other. An illicit child, a secret marriage, an abusive uncle: nothing, it seems, can come between them — until a vicious attack tears them apart forever. Or does it?

Sherry Jones’s THE SHARP HOOK OF LOVE is the first re-telling of this much-loved tale since the discovery, in 1999, of 113 “Lost Love Letters” between Heloise d’Argenteuil and Pierre Abelard. Incorporating excerpts from these beautiful letters, THE SHARP HOOK OF LOVE offers an intimate, erotic account of one of the most famous couples of all time, and explores the meaning of true love and the sacrifice it demands.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 352 pages
Expected Publication Date: November 25th 2014 by Gallery Books
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I've heard of the Lost Love Letters before but only in passing so when I saw that Sherry Jones had written a novel about Heloise and Abelard I couldn't wait to add it to my list. Plus the cover is amazing!
 
What are you waiting on?
 
if-youre-here-blinkie
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Both great picks! And you're right - the cover for The Hidden Girl really DOES set the scene. It's so creepy!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hidden girl sounds really good, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both new to me! The Hidden Girl sounds great, and I'm really loving the star crossed angle for the second book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get ahold of these soon and that you enjoy them when you do!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I don't know Heloise and Abelard but it makes me want to know more about them through this book. Great pick Kimberly :)

    Here's My WoW pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the look and sound of The Hidden Girl...enjoy! Here's mine: “LITTLE MERCIES”


    ReplyDelete
  7. The Hidden Girl sounds like my kinda book! Creepy and mysterious! The other book sounds really special, it's nice to think that true and beautiful love is out there and that it has existed throughout the ages regardless of the obstacles that always seem to be in the way of things. I hope both books meet your expectations when you read them! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!