Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Sunday Post #52

 



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead
 
Hi Guys
 
Hope you all had a great week! We had a great week here. There was lots of sun which means I actually got to walk around in flats for the second week in a row! It was marvelous and our dog Annie is especially enjoying the weather because she can play in the backyard again without making a mess from all the mud.
 
I've had an exceptional reading week this week, finishing 5 novels and 2 graphic novels with only one bad read in the lot. The blog also hit some big milestones. I published my 1300th post on the blog at the beginning of the week and also hit my 200th published post of 2014. This year is going by so fast!
 
Next week we're expecting snow again (damn April being fickle!) so I'm planning on lots of reviews, reading and a whole lot of cooking and I'm going to start some spring cleaning so here's hoping I can clear out some books and clothes and donate them or in the case of my book hoard, trade them in at the local used bookstore.
I hope you all have a fantastic week!
 
Last Week On Turning the Pages:

Monday:

Spotlight & Giveaway: Love's Paradox by Laura Kreitzer
Release Week Blast & Giveaway: Deadly Delicious by K.L. Kincy

Tuesday:


Wednesday:


Thursday:


Friday:


Saturday:


Book Haul:

Paperbacks from Publishers for Review:



Won from Goodreads First Reads:

The Bottom Line (The Ladies Who Lunch, #1)
 
NetGalley Review Books:
 
The Montauk Monster
 
Library Haul:
 
The Best Exotic Marigold HotelThe Ashford AffairThe Snow ChildRancher Wants a Wife (Mail-Order Weddings, #1)The Cowboy's Reluctant BrideA Marriage of NotorietyAll You Need is Love (Green Mountain #1)Fighting For You (Danvers, #4)Blood Royal: A True Tale of Crime and Detection in Medieval ParisThe AdversaryDune (Dune Chronicles, #1)Dangerous RefugeWho Fears DeathThe EidolonHad To Be You (Bad Boys of Red Hook, #3)The Tropic of Serpents (Memoir by Lady Trent #2)Big Sky Country (Parable, Montana, #1)The Black Country (The Murder Squad #2)
 
Follow on Bloglovin
 
if-youre-here-blinkie
 
 

40 comments:

  1. We are supposed to get snow also tomorrow. I even had to mow the lawn on Friday so I am like what is going on!!! WOW! You really got a great haul of books!! Though it seems you read fast so you'll get through them in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 books and 2 GN's, wow. Great week. Congrats on the milestones too. I think we're done with snow, but we had storms roll through and the weather has been not that great. Still, no snow... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the weather while it's still good - crazy weather. Here the nights are cold but the days are sunny and rather warm, the cats don't sleep home any more, that's a telling sign ;) I've never read Dune but always wanted to. I love the cover of the tropic serpents. Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how our weather is. I'm intrigue by Dune I hate the movie because my mother over played it when I was young but I'm trying to branch out and read books I normally wouldn't.

      Delete
  4. Truly amazing, 5 books and 2 graphic novels, and hitting 1300 posts! Congratulations, I know it takes a lot of dedication.
    Have a great week and Happy Reading.
    My Sunday Post is here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 1300th post! I see you have some Historical Romance books in your library haul. I love Historical romance! And oohh you have an Elizabeth Lowell book too! I have read a few Lowell books and I love them so much! :D
    my sunday post: http://wp.me/p3v5T1-nU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Historical Romance is my go to genre when I need something light. I love the genre and this will be my first time reading Elizabeth Lowell, I hope I like her writing.

      Delete
  6. The cover for Fighting for You caught my attention right away. I need to check that out from Goodreads :)
    Congrats on the 1300 posts. Have a good Sunday and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to introduce you to a new book! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Glad you had a great week. Congrats on reaching those milestones and on wining a book on Goodreads. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, congrats on the post total!

    I loved Firefly Lane and Fly Away...hope you do, too.

    Spring cleaning sounds like a great idea....but I'll procrastinate a bit before doing anything...LOL

    Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel :) I wish we could procrastinate but it has to be done lol.

      Delete
  9. Wow, congratulations on your blog milestones! More power to you! And that is a huge haul! Happy reading and have a great week ahead!

    My Sunday Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your milestones! And look at all the lovely books...*drools* Have a wonderful week and tell Mother Nature to take that snow elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vonnie! Mother Nature is being rude and is totally ignoring my demands for no snow.

      Delete
  11. Ooo Hannah makes me get the "feels" Congrats on your milestones..so exciting. Enjoy your weather, soon we will be enjoying some consistency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to giving her a try, I've seen so many good reviews about these two that I'm nervous about trying them in case I don't like them, as is the case a lot with me when it comes to hyped up books.

      Delete
  12. Some fantastic books! And you only had 1 bad read last week? That's excellent. I like when that happens. I hope this week is as good.

    It's been warm here too though not as nice as what you've had. However, we're only getting rain this week and not snow so I think that's a good trade off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the one bad one was a bad one indeed. 1 star and I feel really let down it could have been great but I found it was all over the place. The artwork was the only good bit.

      Delete
  13. Woha 400th post this year! That's amazing and congrats! :) You've really got some amazing skills. We have got some sun too, finally! But there might be rain again next week, which is not cool.
    You've got some amazing books and I hope you'll enjoy them :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved your review of Lily of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter #1) by Stephanie Dray. I'm going to move that up on in my TBR list. I've had it on my Nook for ages.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great week! And those books from the library--I had to write several names down so I can check out my own library tomorrow. I hope the snow doesn't stay around too long for you. Have a great week and happy reading!

    Another Week, Another Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! I love adding to other peoples tbr piles :) I hope you find some that you like!

      Delete
  16. Wow congrats on the post total that is awesome! I also read The Bottom Line from NetGalley last week. It wasn't all that great to me! I'm so sick of the cold weather, it has been pretty warm here in Texas.. But will get colder tomorrow just no snow thank goodness! :)

    My Sunday Post
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney! I'm really proud of seeing how far the blog has come in just a couple years.

      Delete
  17. Wow, you have such much going on this week!! I have to read The Yard....I have a copy but need to do so soon so I can get the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Mag, The Yard and the second one The Black Country were amazing reads I gave them both 5 stars, I can't wait for the third book to come out next month.

      Delete
  18. Congrats girl! You have been so busy on the blog! You are rocking it :)

    Deep Blue looks awesome, I can't wait to see what you think of that one.

    My Weekly Wrap Up Post

    Happy Reading!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your 1300th post. That's amazing. Your on a roll. Proud of you

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!