Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #107

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.
 
The Tiger Queens
 
Summary:
 
In the late twelfth century, across the sweeping Mongolian grasslands, brilliant, charismatic Temujin ascends to power, declaring himself the Great, or Genghis, Khan. But it is the women who stand beside him who ensure his triumph....

After her mother foretells an ominous future for her, gifted Borte becomes an outsider within her clan. When she seeks comfort in the arms of aristocratic traveler Jamuka, she discovers he is the blood brother of Temujin, the man who agreed to marry her and then abandoned her long before they could wed.

Temujin will return and make Borte his queen, yet it will take many women to safeguard his fragile new kingdom. Their daughter, the fierce Alaqai, will ride and shoot an arrow as well as any man. Fatima, an elegant Persian captive, will transform her desire for revenge into an unbreakable loyalty. And Sorkhokhtani, a demure widow, will position her sons to inherit the empire when it begins to fracture from within.

In a world lit by fire and ruled by the sword, the tiger queens of Genghis Khan come to depend on one another as they fight and love, scheme and sacrifice, all for the good of their family...and the greatness of the People of the Felt Walls.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: N/A
Expected Publication Date: November 4th 2014
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I adored Stephanie Thornton's debut novel The Secret History: A Novel of Empress Theodora which I reviewed here and adored, and I featured her upcoming second novel Daughter of the Gods a few weeks ago so I was surprised to see that she was releasing a third book (and the second for this year) in November and it's set in Mongolia. This one not only has a beautiful cover but an awesome sounding summary. I already love this author so I'm eagerly anticipating this one.
 
Inglorious Royal Marriages: A Demi-Millennium of Unholy Mismatrimony
 
Summary:
 
It's no secret that the marriages of monarchs are often made in hell. Here are some of the most spectacular mismatches in five hundred years of royal history....
In a world where many kings, queens, and princes lacked nothing but true love, marital mismatches could bring out the baddest, boldest behavior in the bluest of bloodlines. Margaret Tudor, her niece Mary I, and Catherine of Braganza were desperately in love with chronically unfaithful husbands, but at least they weren't murdered by them, as were two of the Medici princesses were. King Charles II's beautiful, high-spirited sister "Minette" wed Louis XIV's younger brother, who wore more makeup and perfume than she did. Forced to wed her boring, jug-eared cousin Ferdinand, Marie of Roumania--a granddaughter of Queen Victoria--proved herself one of the heroines of World War I by using her prodigious personal charm to regain massive amounts of land during the peace talks at Versailles.
Brimming with outrageous real-life stories of royal marriages gone wrong, this is an entertaining, unforgettable book of dubious matches doomed from the start.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 448 pages (Paperback)
Expected Publication Date: September 2nd 2014 by NAL Trade
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I love learning about history especially the fun, more interesting bits so when I saw this on a friend's Facebook feed I had to add it. I love when authors make "boring" history become fun. This one is non-fiction which I rarely feature but I'm ecstatic about it's release.
 
What are you waiting on this week?
 
 
if-youre-here-blinkie

20 comments:

  1. Intriguing picks Kimberly :) I'm not really into non-fiction but the second book sounds really good. Yup, history not made boring. LOL. Happy reading.

    p.s. I have my blog back so yay! :)

    Here's My WoW pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the cover for The Tiger Queens! I hope you enjoy both of these books, thanks for sharing! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if I'm into these kind of books. But you did seem enjoyed it!

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tiger Queens isn't really something I'd usually pick up, but story has such an intriguing premise that I'd have to add it to my wishlist.

    Glass @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both sounds interesting. Hope you get to read them soon.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neither title is what I'd normally read, but both look pretty interesting. I'm a huge history buff, so I'll have to check them out.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoy them :-)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first one looks absolutely lovely and the second one combines my two favorite things: gossip and history! Excellent picks. I haven't heard of any of these, but this second one is definitely going on the "to read" shelf. Thanks for sharing! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool picks hope you enjoy them

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!