Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, April 28, 2014

Quote-Tastic Monday #44

 
This one is simple and just about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from! Hosted by the FABULOUS Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup
 
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide, #2)
 
Summary:
 
Facing annihilation at the hands of the warlike Vogons is a curious time to have a craving for tea. It could only happen to the cosmically displaced Arthur Dent and his curious comrades in arms as they hurtle across space powered by pure improbabilityband desperately in search of a place to eat.
Among Arthur's motley shipmates are Ford Prefect, a longtime friend and expert contributor to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; Zaphod Beeblebrox, the three-armed, two-headed ex-president of the galaxy; Tricia McMillan, a fellow Earth refugee who's gone native (her name is Trillian now); and Marvin, the moody android who suffers nothing and no one very gladly. Their destination? The ultimate hot spot for an evening of apocalyptic entertainment and fine dining, where the food (literally) speaks for itself.
Will they make it? The answer: hard to say. But bear in mind that the Hitchhiker's Guide deleted the term "Future Perfect" from its pages, since it was discovered not to be!
"What's such fun is how amusing the galaxy looks through Adams' sardonically silly eyes."
Summary & Cover taken from
Goodreads.com
Length: 250 pages (Paperback)
Publication Date: June 23rd 1997 by Del Rey (first published 1980)            
 
My Quote:

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy offers this definition of
the word "Infinite".
Infinite: Bigger than the biggest thing ever and then some.
Much bigger than that in fact, really amazingly immense, a
totally stunning size, "wow, that's big", time. Infinity is just so
big that by comparison, bigness itself looks really titchy.
Gigantic multiplied by colossal multiplied by staggeringly
huge is the sort of concept we're trying to get across here.”  
 
 
This is the second novel in the THGTTG series and I love it as much as I love the first. Douglas Adams was a hilarious writer.
 

10 comments:

  1. Snicker. I really need to re-read this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one that I can pick up over and over again I just can't bring myself to finish it.

      Delete
  2. Very funny. I may have to read these books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really titchy. heh Glad you're having a good time with em :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lordy am I ever. I can never keep a straight face when I'm reading or listening to them.

      Delete
  4. Great quote Kimberly! I didn't even know until now that it's a series! I'd love to read this book someday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost feel like I should have my geek card revoked because to be honest, I have never read this book. Shocking, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will go along with with your website.

    Hackster.io
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!