Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition #5



Happy Thursday, everyone! And welcome to a new feature on Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.
 
What is Throwback Thursday?
 
 
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday. 
 
The Historical Romance Edition:

Since Tin of Love Saves the World and Mary from Buried Under Romance  are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, we've decided to focus on our beloved genre.
The Rules:


1. It must be posted on a Thursday. 
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 3rd 2008.

This Week I'm Featuring:
 
The Bride and the Beast (Fairy Tales 2)
 
Summary:
 
Dear Reader, I'd been prowling the crumbling ruins of Castle Weyrcraig for so long that I could no longer remember if I was man or beast. Then one stormy night the superstitious Highlanders of Ballybliss decided to leave a helpless virgin bound to a stake in the castle courtyard to satisfy my insatiable appetites. My demands might strike terror in the hearts of men, but this bold beauty dared to defy me. After she informed me that she didn't believe in dragons, I had no choice but to make her my prisoner-or risk being exposed to those I had sought to deceive with my dangerous masquerade. Soon I found myself stealing into the moonlit tower just to watch her sleep. Little does she know that beneath this beast's gruff exterior beats the passionate heart of a man. Gwendolyn Wilder may not believe in dragons, but I intend to use all my sensual wiles to teach her to believe in something even more magical-true love. Eternally yours, The Dragon of Weyrcraig.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 291 pages (Hardcover)
Publication Date: June 6th 2000 by Bantam
 
Where You Can Find Teresa Medeiros:
 
 
Why I Chose It:
 
I read this one back in 2011 and thought it was pretty good, it was my first read by the author and while I thought it was a little too light, and the characters needed a wee bit more substance I thought it was a fun read over all and I liked that it was a minor re-telling of Beauty and the Beast.
 

if-youre-here-blinkie
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I've only read The Pleasure of Your Kiss and Temptation of Your Touch by Teresa Medeiros. I haven't picked any from her back list yet. That summary is intriguing, don't know if it's my cup of tea but intriguing just the same? Is he speaking metaphorically about the dragons? hehe :)

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I haven't picked up Teresa's books but do love reading the blurbs and looking at the covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read a few books by Teresa Medeiros as well. I am a sucker for the Beauty and the Beast theme and will definitely check this one out.

    From the blurb, it seems there's a mix of fantasy (dragons?) in the story. I know that Medeiros also wrote a set of books with "vampires" in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this book too. Teresa Medeiros was one of my favorite authors when I first started reading historical romance years ago. I haven't read any of her more recent romances for some reason, but I may need to find my old copy of The Bride and the Beast and do a re-read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!